Design-A-Bag (DAB) is the only global online bag design event of its kind for freelance designers and design students. The competition is organised by Fashion Access and Arsutoria School who also sponsors the event.
Over the past years since 2007, DAB has brought together a global design community during the Fashion Access in Hong Kong. Innovative creations are showcased to international audience and design concepts exchanged among talents from various cultures and backgrounds.
2020 Competition Theme: Design a Leather Bag, Mirror to the Soul, Mind & Body
“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak” by Rachel Zoe and which highlights this year’s competition theme – Design a Leather Bag, Mirror to the Soul, Mind & Body.
The bag has always been tradition, craftsmanship and innovation with leather in its essence in combination with trendy materials.
Great prizes of the overall winner
- A 4-week bag design course at the prestigious Arsutoria School valued at USD4,200 plus a USD 1,000 accommodation allowance at the school’s hotel in Milan for the overall winner
- USD 500 cash prize for each finalist
- Each finalist will also receive a free round-trip air ticket to Hong Kong to visit Fashion Access and attend the awards ceremony
There are more than 150 design entries from young and talented designers across 32 countries this year. 3 finalists are selected by 8 judges from Australia, Italy, France and Hong Kong according to the entries’ originality, trend awareness, wearability & marketability.
“ I have received a lot of great submissions this year, and all of the designs are innovative and creative. It is going to be hard to choose a winner.”
Laila Nassar, Director of Mary + Marie, Australia
2020 expert judging panel include:
- Jayne Esteve-Cure, Creative Director of Jayne Fashion Agency, France
- Stefano Migliavacca, International Operation Manager of Ars Arpel Group, Italy
- Laila Nassar, Director of Mary + Marie, Australia
- Natalie Spelge, Fashion Promoter of Edizioni AF, Italy
- Maria Cristina Rossi,Marketing and Merchandising Manager of the Arsutoria School, Italy
- Olivier Vedrine, Designer / Partner of o,o, France
- Mountain Yam, 2008 DAB Winner and Brand Director of 112 Mountainyam, Hong Kong
- Annie Tam, Senior Fashion Designer of Giordano, Hong Kong
We are delighted to announce the 3 finalists for #DESIGNABAGHK 2020 are:
(In no particular order)
Mary Chan, United Kingdom
May Jing Lee, Taiwan
Takashi Matsushita, Japan
They will bring along their prototype to attend #DESIGNABAGHK FINAL JUDGING EVENT to compete for the overall winner and the ultimate grand prize sponsored by Ars Arpel (https://www.designaccess-fa.com/prizes/) which will be revealed at AWARDING CEREMONY during Fashion Access, APLF Leather and Materials+ in Hong Kong.
Last but not least, the online favourite design for 2020 voted by #DESIGNABAGHK Facebook fans is:
Smriti Saraogi, India
TWO MAJOR FAIRS OF THE GLOBAL FASHION & LEATHER INDUSTRIES
Take advantage of the major fairs of the global fashion & leather industries while you are there. Media registration for the concurrent fairs is now open, contact us to register for a complimentary press badge to access the two shows and stay tuned for our industry events. Looking forward to seeing you there!
BECOME OUR MEDIA PARTNER
As a media partner, we seek your assistance with outreach and PR activities. By accepting to work with us, you will stay connected with the global fashion community and be able to reach out to over 20,000 trade buyers and 1,500 exhibitors from the fashion and leather industries. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
For more details, please visit www.designaccess-fa.com.