As a pressing matter of urgency within the leather processing and manufacturing industry, the subject of environmental sustainability and compliance has gained major traction. For this reason, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Leather Value Chain projects under the Support towards Industrialization and the Productive Sectors (SIPS) program, have incorporated the above statement to guide the process within the Southern African Development Community Member States. The presentation will focus on the project implementation in the identified Member States and further created a panel to discuss the envisaged plans for the project in relation to environmental and waste conversion into innovative solutions.
AGENDA & PANELISTS
1. GIZ opening presentation | Presenter: Sefalana Lobelo
• SIPS including SADC projects
• The projects implementation 1-4 including environmental and marketing
• Support of local projects Gloving in Botswana
• Association development
• A presentation of these key areas.
2. Environmental sustainability and compliance | Moderator: Jonathan Sibanda
• Innovative tanning technology (Sustainable Leather Foundation)
• Waste management solutions (Eco-softfibre) i.e. new technology in waste products
3. Q & A