Gain actionable insights on global footwear retail, sourcing, production, design & development.
Following on the Global Footwear Retail Conference held last year, Global Footwear Executive Summit (GFES) has developed a bold programme on the complete footwear supply chain and has been expanded to cover production processes as well as the retail sector. Invited professionals from the footwear industry will support the Summit, including experts from the Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA) which this year is co-organising the event with APLF. More topics and panel discussions will be covered in the full-day programme this year.
Summit Agenda 2019
- 4.0 in Action - Footwear Agility Applications
- Sustainability in Action : Cutting through the do-ggoder hype
- Quality Control Considerations: Are the shoes you've sourced meeting your quality and compliance expectations?
- How Can Leather Regain Market Share in the Footwear Segment
- The Future of Footwear is Now! AR, AI, CADs and digital development
- Impact of Trade Policy
- Consumer Shifts and How Sales and Stores are Impacted
- Retail in Action: Multichannel Madness
Check out some of the confirmed speakers:
- Joe Passio, Director of Global Footwear Development and Sourcing, FILA
- Cherie Blum, Executive Vice President, Steve Madden
- Mike McBreen, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Payless ShoeSource
- Kerry Brozyna, Vice President and GM Leathers, Wolverine Worldwide
- Jayne Estève Curé, Founder, Jayne Fashion Agency
- Ian Spaulding, CEO, Elevate
- Frank Lavin, CEO & Founder, Export Now
- Matt Priest, President & CEO, FDRA
- Mike Redwood, Spokesperson, Leather Naturally!
About the Organisers
APLF’s inaugural event, held in 1984, was then known as the Hong Kong Leather Fair. It was the city’s first ever Mega-Fair. Today, APLF, a joint venture between UBM Asia Ltd and SIC Group, has expanded its scope, organising 4 premium events in Hong Kong and China, and has developed initiative programmes and awards covering a wide range of industry sectors.
Founded in 1944, FDRA is governed and directed by footwear executives and is the only trade organization focused solely on the footwear industry. It serves the full footwear supply chain and boosts the bottom lines of its members through innovative products, training and consulting on footwear design and development, sourcing and compliance, trade and customs, advocacy, and consumer and sales trend analysis for retailers selling shoes around the world.
Please check out more information on the GFES webpage as it becomes available and as the speaker line-up takes shape.
Finally, look for the opening of delegates’ registration which will start in October this year. See you in Hong Kong!