E-News subscription
Product Enquiry
0
Pakistan - Government funds upgrade work at Korangi tanning cluster
27 May 2019


CETP Korangi tanning cluster

Pakistan’s government is helping to fund an upgrade to the common effluent treatment plant that serves tanneries in the Korangi cluster, near Karachi.

The government has already given close to US$3.5 million to the Pakistan Tanners’ Association to fund the upgrade and invitations to tender for various aspects of the improvement work have already gone out.

Korangi’s common effluent treatment plant also treats domestic wastewater. Its current capacity is to treat 42,500 cubic-metres per day, about 40% of which is allocated to tanners and the other 60% to domestic waste.

Information courtesy of Leatherbiz

COMMENT SECTION
COMMENTS
0 comments