Dates: 21 - 22 November 2017 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Venue: To be confirmed, Hong Kong
Understanding Leather (Tuesday, 21 November 2017)
Time: 09:15 – 16:30
Our One Day Understanding Leather Course aims to provide delegates with the basic fundamentals of leather and the process of leather making, whilst helping to provide you with confidence when dealing with suppliers, manufacturers and tanners. Covering topics such as leather problems and solutions and understanding different leather types, this course is ideal for anyone needing an overview of leather.
- What do we make leather from and why?
- Common defects found on leather and what has caused them
- Overview of leather production process
- What leather types can we make?
- Specifications and labelling
- Aftercare advice
- What can go wrong and how can we help our customers?
Member Rate*: USD460/person
Standard Rate*: USD500/person
* including one full-day course and refreshments
Sustainability in the Leather Supply Chain (Wednesday, 22 November 2017)
Time: 09:00 – 13:00
Our Half Day Sustainability in the Leather Supply Chain Course aims to provide delegates with an overview of the leather supply chain. Covering topics such as common leathers types and from which animals, the leather making process, traceability and material sources, environmental impacts and appropriate stewardship, chemical management and risks within the process, NGO activities and leather life cycle.
- An overview of the leather making process
- Traceability and material sources
- Environmental impacts and appropriate stewardship
- Chemical management and risks within the process
- NGO activity
- Leather life cycle
Member Rate*: USD275/person
Standard Rate*: USD300/person
* including refreshments
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .